Whether you are a cradle Catholic learning the Holy Bible or a Protestant convert divesting yourself of your Protestantism, this book on the Scriptures is for you. The only book of its kind from a traditional Catholic perspective, it cuts through the fluff and gets to the heart of the spiritual realities which are fundamental to all discussion on the Holy Bible. It also tells the story of how rejection of these spiritual realities has led directly to the current crisis in the Church. Part spiritual, part historical, part linguistic, this introduction provides the traditional Catholic with the tools to understand and profit from the Holy Scriptures. The book includes an original translation of St. Melito of Sardis, an annual reader based on the traditional office of Matins, as well as the foundational guide to Refute Protestants in Five Minutes.
If you would like to purchase the eBook for $10 USD, please contact me.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART I: The Things You Need More Than Anything
- Why Read the Holy Bible?
- Guide to the Church’s Prayer Book: The Psalter
- Beware: Fire from Heaven Burns up the Proud
- How to Read with Humility
- “Without Me, You Can Do Nothing”
- Church Doctrines about the Holy Scriptures
PART II: History – How “Theologians” Seized Power with the
- Oral Tradition and the Early History of the Scripture
- The Rise of the Theologians and the Protestant Revolt
- How They Used Translations to Promote their Heresies
- The Triumph of the Theologians in the Twentieth Century
PART III: Resources – Everything Else You Need
- Linguistic Analysis of English Bible Translations
- Annual Bible Reader According to the Divine Office
- Refute Protestants in Five Minutes: Foundational Guide
- Typology – On Pascha by St. Melito of Sardis
- Overview of the Teilhardian Heresy in Historical Context
- Roman Numerals, Names of Books and Abbreviations
- List of Further Reading and Resources